East Hants has a wide and varied past which is shown in our rather eclectic museum. Unfortunately we are unable to mention all our exhibits or items.
Here is a sample of what we have:
• Incubator for eggs, circa 1920
• Moose call – used to call moose, made from birch bark
• Rocker type washing machine, circa 1888
• Variety of antique lamps
• Antique quilt collection
• Electric shock treatment machine:
“Newly invented: Improved magneto-electric machine, for nervous diseases”
• Community photo albums
Exclusive exhibits include:
• Embalming table – This table was used to embalm John Jacob Astor, the richest man aboard the Titanic.
• Six year old child's homemade artificial leg.
• “Jenny” - Kate McArthur's pump organ from the SS Milton.
Please visit our Gallery for various photos.